WEEK 1 & 2

Well Kobe officially started the CM-AT. It is an odorless tasteless powder that we mix into a large snack or meal. It looks like dirt, or cinnamon. He has to have it 3 times a day. I usually give it to him mixed with applesauce or yogurt. I am 90% sure that he got the drug and not the placebo. He has had a bowel movement EVERYDAY since he started which is an odd occurrence for that kid.He even went in the hot tub at the hotel over Easter weekend, and they had to close it for a few hrs,(and yes he was wearing a swim diaper.) I haven't had to do another poop test yet, not until Thursday anyways, so yay for Thursday, can't wait.
Other than the poop thing I haven't noticed any other changes in him. To be honest, I was kinda hoping for a miraculous overnight change in his behaviors, but mostly really I wanted it to be a cure for autism. I know it wasn't going to happen, but I will probably always hope for something like that to happen. I have to take all sorts of data, every time he poops I have to examine it and use a number scale of what it looks like and the consistency. pretty gross. I also have to do a food journal of EVERYTHING that he eats including medicine, It's not as easy as I thought it would be. So hopefully at our next appt. they will be able to see some progress in him.

No comments: