Year 2

Wow It has now been 2 years. It has gone by so fast. It has been a painful and terrifically rewarding interesting ride. Given a choice I would not have chosen this path, but I am learning to enjoy it. Kobe has been making huge strides in therapy. He has a VERY full schedule right now. He has Autism school mon-thurs. for 21/2 hrs, then rides the bus home cause he LOVES it. He has lunch then our super fantastic xtra special therapist comes over for 3 hrs. (Can you tell that I love her guts) then he has nap time(sometimes playtime when he won't sleep) Then our other xtra special super fantastic therapist comes over and works with him till dinner time. He does this all week till Friday then therapist 1 comes over early and plays with him. and takes him to Occupational Therapy. He used to have Speech Therapy, but we were dropped cause he missed to many times. (we were in South America, and I feel horrible for letting my little boy get kicked out cause I was on vacation) Jed said it's just an hour a week and he's back on a waiting list and we have no more major trips planned for a while so he will be fine. but I still feel bad. We are working with a company called AZA United and they are FAN FREAKIN TASTIC! They have been very helpful with getting our therapy program from just a dream to actually happening, and not just that but it works great. I love AZA. They also have a center downtown the we sometime go to on Fridays to see how the program is working and to make any changes or move him up to the next level. I love when he is moved up to the harder stuff, but I hate hearing the frustration when starting out. It is unbearable in our house when we introduce a new program. He has been doing so great though. So you see he has a very packed schedule right now. I feel bad for my other two kids Maddox and Jaxyn cause they want to have therapy too, and they are just stuck with lame old mom. They sit at the baby gate and watch. Maddox has been talking a lot more and says the stuff that Kobe is supposed to. It's kinda funny. We turned the formal living room/dining room into a therapy room. It looks like a little preschool. We have a 2 sensory swings that he loves. I am glad that we were able to have a therapy room and that way it is more structured. The AZA people helped arrange everything so that it would work for the program that they set up for Kobe. Like I said they are great. He is slowly starting to respond to us. He has shaken his head no when asked a question a couple of times. I started to cry I was so thrilled. He actually understood what I was saying and he knew how to respond correctly. Well I wanted him to say yes, but he didn't want to eat his chicken I guess. We hope to keep him progressing everyday. He is still 3 and won't be 4 for a few more months. Hopefully won't lose any of our services after that. We have our fingers crossed. We love our little guy and only want the best for him and I will go toe to toe with anyone who gets in my way. I have had a fight with the school district already and school started in August, I will never back down and I let them know that. Jed will finally be finished with his MBA this December(whoo hoo) and it doesn't matter where we move I will always be there fighting for Kobe.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I am so Proud of you Tal!!
If we don't fight for our kids, nobody will.
The school was horrible to me when Cami had cancer and my other kids was affected to.. But alway's fight for your Child, don't ever ever back down!
Love Lori